The “North-East Academy of Science and Technology (NEAST)”, come into existence in the year 2018 with an aim to promote Science and Technology in the North-East region of the country. The“North-East Academy of Science and Technology (NEAST)”, comprises the distinguished Scientists, Engineers, and Technologists including the Medical fraternity that includes the entire spectrum of Science and Technological disciplines.
The aims and objects for which the society is established
The aims and objectives of the Academy are greatly focused on the advancement of Science and Technology in the North-Eastern region of the country by providing a common forum to discuss scientific developments and Technological advancements, and disseminating scientific knowledge among the people of the North-East region and Publication of Popular Science Books and Journals in Science and Technology.
- The Advancement of Science and Technology in North-East states of the country
- To provide a forum for presenting and discussing the scientific developments
- Propagation of Scientific knowledge among people by organizing lectures, seminars, Symposia, tours and excursions, popular exhibitions and distribution of popular science books
- Establishment of a Science Museum
- Establishment of a Library with a reading room to serve as a Central library for all scientific workers
- Publication of books and journals on Science & Technology
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of Science
- To assist voluntary Science organizations
- To do and perform all other acts, matters and things that may assist in, conduce to, or be necessary for the fulfillment of the above-mentioned aims and objectives of the Academy.
Journal of Current Research in Science and Technology
Journal of Current Research in Science and Technology (JCRST) is a biannual peer-reviewed online scientific journal, that publishes both experimental and theoretical high-quality papers in all areas of Science and Technology. The journal is published through the North East (India) Academy of Science and Technology (NEAST), Mizoram University, Aizawl. The JCRST publishes novel and original research findings and provides speedy publication in all areas of Natural/Applied Sciences & Technology and Mahzooz. In the greater interest of the scientific community, the publication in this journal is free of cost and no processing charges are charged to the author. Further, the published articles are available free to download on the NEAST website (www.neast.org).